Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beat the Heat: Make a Tree House

Hi everyone! It's the next installment of Beat the Heat! On Sunday you saw the new tree house, and today I'll teach you to make your own. A heads up: this project ended up being quite a bit harder to put together than planned, so if you do this make sure that you have enough time and patience.

First, measure the space you'll be putting the tree house in, and draw the tree house outline. Color the tree in gray.

Color over the gray in brown.


Color the leaves and cut out the shape. 


Color 3 rectangles of the same size for the walls and floor. I found that colored pencil makes a nice wood grain pattern.


Color the pack of the tree house and tape on the sides and floor.


Measure the top and make a roof. Add two pieces at the ends for attaching the roof to the house.


This is how to make a basic tree house that you can adapt any way you like. For instance, I based this on Kit's tree house so I added a stained glass window (with the glassware tutorial from last week), chandelier, balcony, and basket. The chandelier didn't turn out well, so I may replace it at some point.


What are your favorite ways to beat the heat?

3 comments:

  1. I think what you posted was actually very
    logical. But, what about this? suppose you wrote a catchier
    title? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added something to maybe get folk's attention?
    I mean "How to Make a Tree House" is kinda plain.

    You ought to glance at Yahoo's home page and see how they write article titles to grab people to click. You might add a video or a picture or two to get readers interested about everything've got to say.
    In my opinion, it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.


    My website; click the up coming document

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the title issue, but the part about pictures confused me. This post has seven images - is that not enough to get readers interested?

      Delete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...