Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beat the Heat: Make a Drink

Thanks for your suggestions for tutorials last week! You gave me a great idea for a new series of tutorials presented by Juliet. Over to her now!


Hi everyone! Summer is on its way, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a tutorial series about fun summer projects. For the first tutorial, I'm going to show you how to make glassware and drinks like the lemonade pitcher from Sunday's picnic, specifically iced coffee. The tutorial itself is for a cup, but you can easily adapt it to make a pitcher or other glass serving piece.


You'll need tape, paper, a pencil and eraser, and markers or colored pencils.


Draw and color your drink, making sure to add a strip at the bottom. You'll need it to fold over and tape so the cup can actually stand.


Cut out the cup, making sure to also cut the parts of the cup that aren't colored (see the previous picture for comparison).

(Note: When I was taking these pictures, I could not get the picture to focus unless Juliet was in it. I guess the camera loves her!)


Tape laminate both sides of the cup. I kept part of the straw untaped to make it look more natural, like it was extending from the cup. 


Trim the tape, leaving some above the cup to look like glass or plastic.


Nothing beats a nice drink on a hot summer day! What's your favorite way to beat the heat?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this tutorial! Thanks! Could you show us how to make accessories for doll rooms and such, because I want to make a house for Paper Saige, but I don't know what to do first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...