Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Making Doll Instruments

PaperDollies asked for a tutorial on doll instruments, so here's an easy one for making a cello. You can adjust the basic principles here to make any instrument you want.


With most drawings, it's easiest to start them as basic shapes. Here's the top of the cello, just two rectangles.


Here's the top part of the body...


...and the bottom part. 


Now start adding detail. The eraser is your friend!


After you finish sketching, color it in and cut it out. Then put on a concert with your dolls!

Hope you found this useful. If you have any requests for tutorials, please, please comment below. I'm starting to run out of ideas, and I have no idea what kind of things you want to know how to make. 

6 comments:

  1. Yay! What about a paper doll picnic or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was already planning a picnic, but you've given me a great idea for a tutorial series!

      Delete
  2. FURNITURE!!!!! And more harder and complicated beds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a chair?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...