Sunday, April 7, 2013

More Odds and Ends

This week's photo shoot Sunday is more odds and ends, with some photos of the new doll collection coming together and some pictures of things I want to make.

First, though, thank you so much to Carrot and Claire for choosing Paper Doll World as one of the April Superstar Sites! I'm so excited and honored.


Here are the new dolls in my made-over collection. 


Naturally, I chose Saige and McKenna :). I'm having trouble giving them middle names. Do you think that Kenna Jade Brooks sounds good, and do you prefer Saige Violet to Saige Lydia? If you have any name suggestions, please let me know in the comments.

I'm really not thrilled with how McKenna turned out, so I may replace her with a paper doll of this gorgeous custom doll belonging to Colette Denali.

From Colette Denali on flickr
She's a Jess doll with Kit's eyes and Kanani's wig (which has been given a haircut). Do you think I should scrap the McKenna and make her instead, or try and make a new McKenna?


Here are some of the things I'm making for them - you can see my Pinterest page for the rest of the things I plan to make.

In some non-paper doll news, my sister bought herself a Saige doll on Wednesday, and lent her to me to take a few pictures on Friday. 


Her headband is actually my sister's bracelet. 


This picture was so hard to take, but I think it turned out okay. 

Hopefully next week the made-over collection will be done so I can share some photos. 

10 comments:

  1. Cute! I just got Saige, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Paper Saige like Saige!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saige is so pretty! I think Paper Saige's middle name should be Saige Violet. Also I think you should make the custom American Girl Doll than McKenna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a Saige doll last night! i made her a bed a closet and a hot air balloon! and i made her meet dress her sparkle dress and her pajama's! i want to make another girl of theyear doll paper doll to! do you ave any ideas for a paper doll house?

    _Hannnah M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should make the custom doll instead of Mckenna, and I LOVE the name Saige Lydia! My Saige is named Saige Emma Grace. I still can't get over how classically pretty that custom doll is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! i love that custom doll! maybe you should try to make that doll as a paper doll and make a new Mkenna! a love your paper saige! i made one to but she didn't turn out so nice. i also made a custom MAG paper doll with thick curly black hair and turqoise eyes! and she likes pink and black! any name ideas?

    I JUST love making paper dolls! its so much fun! i just started yesterday evening and i love it! my custom doll has a pink and black bed (i love you bed making tutorial!) and pink and black pajamas! she also has a meet outfit just like the MAG meet outfits and a ballet dress and a dress that looks just like the MAG american girl plaid party dress! i want to make a pet for her to! and some backrounds for playing! so, any ideas for a nice name?

    I love Making paper dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOve Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can any of you commenters visit my blog please? It is www.paperdollsforever.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I also have a doll name question! Do you people think I should name my just like you #35 Erin grace or Emma grace? I got the idea for Emma grace from "Elizabeth"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the great comments!

    @Nina, have fun with her!
    @Claire, me too!
    @PaperDollies, I always appreciate your feedback.
    @Hannah, I use an index card box, and Baby Name Genie.
    @Elizabeth and @Toy Central, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...