Friday, March 15, 2013

Doll Week - La Dee Da

I don't think I would buy one, but La Dee Da dolls are an interesting challenge to draw because of their oversized eyes, fanciful makeup, and interesting fashion choices. They remind me a little of Blythe dolls, but their undersized noses and eyes make them look a little alien-like. It's fun to try to capture that on paper.


I know that I say this all the time, but if you want to make a paper La Dee Da doll, it's absolutely essential to get the head and features right. For the eyes, I find it easiest to draw a circle and then pointed triangle shapes on either side. The nose is just a tiny backwards L and the mouth is just a dot. I'm working on putting together a removable makeup tutorial so you don't have to make a new doll for each La Dee Da line, and it will hopefully be up on Tuesday. 

Difficulty rating from 1(extremely basic) to 5(extremely difficult) - 3

Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. I have a La Dee Da! They are much cuter in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't the removable make up tutorial be hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're cute. My favorite brand is AG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will Photo Shoot Sunday be up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They remind me of- ll-la-la-l-la la loopsy! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...