Sunday, January 12, 2014

Current Crush: Mini Food Boards

Do you remember, back in October, when I mentioned that I was planning a new series? Well, here it is at last; welcome to Current Crush!

Current Crush is just what it sounds like - whenever I find a site or item that I like, I'll replicate it in paper and post about it so that you can share in the paper fun. Today's Current Crush is mini food boards.

Not my photo, but I can't find the source. If you know whose it is, please let me know so I can give credit.
These are each about two inches long, and depict the process of making a single food item. As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted to make some in paper, but due to time I couldn't make a super-elaborate board, so for my first paper food board I decided to go simple and make chocolate chip cookies. Apologies in advance for the terrible lighting.


The cookie food board, modeled by Corazòn. Trust me, it is not as simple as it looks to make this, but it is fun and makes for a great photo prop. I wanted the pieces to be versatile, so I didn't color in the contents of the blue bowl. This way, it can work in multiple food boards and scenes without looking too strange.


The table is the little plastic table-like piece that sometimes comes with takeout pizza. All it took was a pair of scissors and it was the perfect height for the dolls. 



For some scale, here's the food board with an eraser. This thing is seriously tiny, which means that a craft knife such as an X-Acto blade is pretty useful when making all the little cuts. If you have tweezers, use them to pick up and put together tiny bits - they will make everything much easier. 


While I like this picture, it's just crying out for an oven and counters. I'll have to tackle that eventually for the dollhouse tutorials, so hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.

Have you made anything like this? Are there any fun items that you would like to recommend as a Current Crush?

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I will be making some of these for my paper dolls. Mine are around four inches tall, I believe a bit larger that yours. I currently only have made #58, Arrietta Bronwyn Lee, but I may make Patience from Tonner after seeing yours.

    I love the Current Crush idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...