Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dollhouse Part 2.1 - Vanity

In keeping with the furniture tutorial theme, here is a how-to for making a paper vanity for your dolls.


Sketch out the shape of the vanity.


Add details to make it more realistic. I made a hand towel and mirror, but you can put in whatever you like. 



Measure your sink and cabinet space, like in the kitchen tutorial, to make storage areas and places for your dolls to wash up.


Color it, cut it out, assemble it, and you're done! I decided to make mine a hanging wall unit, so it could work for dolls of different sizes. In addition to the towel and mirror, I made some nail polish, a blow dryer, and a curling iron for some more realism. 


Even with all the little parts, this project was really easy and fun to do. If you make it, please send me photos - I would love to see your creative interpretations. 

Next week's tutorial will most likely be a bathtub, but I'm always open to suggestions. If there's any tutorial you want, let me know in the comments and I'll try to make it happen.

12 comments:

  1. OK. that is cute! Could you make a Gymnastics set? Like Bars, Beam, and Valt? it would be AWESOME if you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your name!
      -Anonymous A.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I would've never thought of this! you are soooo creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok-are you coming back?
    Because yesterday was Tuesday and I didn't get a tutorial...
    or is it just my computer?
    -Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I comment so much, but I love your blog!
    -Anonymuos A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I love to comment on her blog!

      Delete
    2. I visited your blog, did you just start blogging?
      P.S., could you please put an Anonymous profile for commenting?
      thanks!
      -Anonymous A.

      Delete
  6. Hi N I know this probably a stupid question but, what do you use to put the clothes on???????!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tape! Regular Scotch tape works wonders for keeping clothes on the dolls.

      Delete
  7. N, You are so creative, you really have a gift, and I love your blog.
    I have read many paper doll blogs, and this one is the most creative of them all.
    Someday, I hope to have a blog, but it won't be half as good as yours!
    -Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...