Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Making Paper Dolls Part I

For the first Tutorial Tuesday, I decided to provide some general tips on making paper dolls. For the sake of brevity, I'm breaking this tutorial up over several weeks. This first part is about drawing the paper doll. You will need a pencil, paper, and eraser for this step.

Tip 1: Try to make things as even as you can. Use a ruler or draw lines on the paper to ensure that arms and legs are the same length.


2: However, you don't need to make sure that the proportions are perfect. The important thing is that it doesn't bother you. There's no need to make yourself crazy over the minute details like a slightly bigger toe. 


3: Start with the eyes. They are the hardest thing to get right, and they help you place the rest of the features. 



4: You don't need to go into perfect anatomical detail. Just draw enough so that you are satisfied.


5: Don't be afraid to experiment. If you don't like the mouth, keep trying until you get one you like. The face isn't set in stone during this stage, and it's best that you address any issues you have now rather than later when you can't change them.

6 comments:

  1. Firstie! I can't wait 'till next Tutorial Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I draw my noses like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to finish this? Today is Tuesday and it isn't up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things came up at home, but the second part of the tutorial is up.

      Delete
  4. You are very, very creative. Beautiful! I love paper dolls. I still have ones form when I was in grade school. My aunt had many and made the dresses out of fabric from her dresses. I fell in love with hers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of paper do you use to make your stuff? (I use watercolor paper, it's thicker & sturdier than many types of paper)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post! Your comments make my day and I would love to hear from you. I only ask that you don't write anything malicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...