This contest is open to everyone, and each participant gets one entry. All entries should be submitted to the email address in the sidebar. A completed entry has:
1. A few sentences (or more, feel free to write as much as you would like) giving a backstory for a character you create. The character can be based on one from a book, movie, TV show, etc., or it can be one that you make up yourself.
2. A sketch, Polyvore set, scanned image, etc. of the inspiration for your character and collection. This can be images of whatever the character and items are based on, items that inspire aspects of the character's outfits or personality, whatever you like.
3. A paper doll representing your character. The doll can be any size you like, but should not be a replica of an existing doll.
4. 3 outfits for the doll. These outfits should have a consistent theme that fits in with the backstory and character (such as steampunk), and should not be exact replicas of existing outfits. Get creative!
5. A few accessories that help show the character's personality. Pets are fine as long as you make other items as well.
Please submit 3-5 photos of the doll and items, along with the text for the backstory, before midnight on July 31. There is currently one spot open for a guest judge, so please let me know if you are interested (keeping in mind that if you judge then you can't enter as a contestant). PaperDollies and I are the other two judges, and entries will be judged on their creativity and artistic merit.
The prize is a sheet of paper versions of almost all the new AG releases. The winner will get it as a PDF file, so please give me an email address I can reach you at so I can send it to you if you win.
Good luck! I can't wait to see what you make.
EDIT: PaperDollies is not going to guest judge, so now there are two openings. Again, let me know if you are interested.